DICE has revealed the first screenshots and released new information on Battlefield 4's third expansion pack Naval Strike, due for release on Xbox One, Xbox 360, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3 and PC next month.
Naval Strike introduces the new Carrier Assault game mode, a re-imagined version of Battlefield 2142's Titan Mode that will – presumably – see players attempting to destroy the other team's aircraft carrier, along with a brand new hovercraft vehicle designed for quick amphibious assaults.
The four new maps will also bring back the game's Levolution mechanic, letting players "blow open a crashed passenger plane" and "drop a submarine" on their opponents.
"Water-based combat has always been a vital part of the all-out war of Battlefield 4, and with Battlefield 4 Naval Strike the fights at sea are more intense than ever," said DICE. "With the introduction of the amphibious hovercraft vehicle, your possibilities to dominate the sea will be even greater.
*5 weapons all-new to Battlefield 4.
* Introducing the amphibious hovercraft vehicle.
* Carrier Assault game mode which is a re-imagining of the classic Battlefield 2142 Titan Mod.
* 10 new assignments with unlocks for each.
* 4 all-new multiplayer maps set in the South China Sea- Lost Islands- Nansha Strike- Wave Breaker- Operation Mortar.
* 2 additional gadgets- 3GL (3 grenade launcher) attachment for the Assault class- Anti-Heli Mine.